One Night Dead

1,025 total views, 1 views today

As quietly as you can, you step back through the office door and lock it behind you.

Even though you couldn’t tell what the figure is, you could tell it wasn’t a smart situation to be in. You know it’s your job to watch after the motel and its tenants, but not at the cost of your own safety. The scream you heard earlier definitely wasn’t very reassuring, either.

You aren’t heartless, though.

Swiftly, you walk over to the old office phone, dialing the 3 numbers for room 16. It rings 5, 6, 7 times, before you finally decide to hang it back up. Once the phone is back on its hook, you hear a low, unnatural moan coming from outside of the office.

“The fuck is that?” You think aloud, though part of you already knows it’s the figure from earlier. You tense and stop breathing, attempting to better hear the noise. You jump as something suddenly hits the office door.

Biting the inside of your cheek, you grip the phone in your pocket. For a moment, you contemplate calling the police. Then again, if things are really as bad in the city as the website said, they’re probably being swamped with calls. Not only that, but it would take them at least an hour to get here. By that time, the figure – no matter how weak its hits are – would certainly be able to break through the door.

You step towards the only window in the office, peering through the curtains. You were right… the figure – a woman, you now realize – is what’s banging on the door. She doesn’t notice you staring at her, and part of you wonders if she would even realize you sneaking out of the window. Quickly, you check for any possible latches.

Unfortunately, it seems as if the window had been long ago screwed shut.

Cursing quietly under your breath, you stare intently at the woman. Both her blouse and jaw, which hangs slack, are covered in a dried, crimson colored liquid – blood, you realize almost immediately. Her eyes, which are a milky white, seem dazed – almost as if she can barely keep them open.

Biting your bottom lip, you glance around the office. There seems to be several things to barricade the door with – including a Lazy Boy recliner, the office desk, a small chair, and the table the TV sits on – if that’s what you decide to do. Of course, there’s always the option of pushing the woman away and running toward your car… if the risk is too great, you’re sure there’s got to be at least a weapon or two somewhere in the office.

You know that the more time you waste, the more time the woman will have to break through the door. The lock on there is very old; strong enough to last for at least a few dozen hits, but not strong enough to last through the whole night by itself.

You know that you need to make a decision – and fast!

1)  Search for weapons.

 2)  Screw weapons! Just shove the bitch out of the way.

3)  Barricade the door.

 

 

Sharing is surviving!

Please follow and like us:
error
 
Also check out:
Horror Movies and Stuff RisingDead The Zombie Hunters Post-Apocalyptic.com

Leave a Comment

Connect with:




A Choose Your Own Zombie Adventure
shares