One Night Dead

844 total views, 1 views today

‘Shit!’ you think.

‘I need to find something to defend myself. She’s not going away, I have to make my move now.’

You rummage through some drawers and the best weapon you can find is a hammer. It’s old and rusty, but that should make no difference in its ability to hurt someone. It’s still fairly heavy, and the woman isn’t all that hefty. A hammer should work just fine.

You wonder more about this woman. What if she’s innocent, in some kind of psychotic episode? What if she has no idea what’s going on? Or, even worse, what if she knows what’s going on and she’s trying desperately to stop it but she just can’t? If you hurt her, you might be the bad guy. Self-defense might not be considered a defense at all.

But she’s covered in blood, for fuck’s sake, so who cares? It’s no time to be thinking about your future court defense. You need to immobilize her as quickly as possible and get the hell out of here. It’s not safe here. Who knows if any place will be safe, but you have to at least give it a try. The office is now a danger zone.

You walk over to the door, hammer held up in the air, ready to strike: you are so ready for this to happen, you were born for it. Or, so you tell yourself. Either way, it’s what you’ve decided to do. Now you must wait for her to open the door enough for you to reach her.

It’s taking longer than you would’ve thought. You’re about ready to give up and think of something else when the furniture moves just enough for her hand to reach inside.

It’s terrifying to watch, like she doesn’t even realize what she’s doing. She’s trying to make her way inside, it seems, but it’s just so difficult for her. Her hands are limp, and you can sort-of see that her eyes are glazed over. She really has no clue what is going on. She doesn’t even seem to notice you looking at her through the opening.

After a minute or so, she manages to push through the barricade enough to be half inside the doorway. This is your time to strike.

Wielding the hammer, you slam it down onto her shoulders as hard as you can, hoping it will immobilize her. She seems to look at you. You know that strike wasn’t enough. It wasn’t in a fragile enough place. Even if her shoulder blade shattered, she would still likely be a threat. ‘Ugh,’ you think. ‘This is screwed up, being able to tell that a broken bone wouldn’t stop them.’

You didn’t want to hurt her in a place where she might die or be seriously injured… what if this is just some temporary disease and she’s a nice, normal person? It doesn’t matter. You don’t want to be the next person whose blood is covering her. You don’t want her to drink your blood or eat you or whatever the hell it is she’s trying to do. You don’t have any alternative besides dying.

You raise the hammer up again and try to smash it into the side of her head without knocking her brains out. Even thinking about that makes you shudder. She falls down awkwardly between the door and the desk she pushed out. She makes another strange noise, somewhere between a groan and a yelp of pain. It must have hurt her, but didn’t knock her out completely. Damn it.

The only way out is through the door that is somewhat blocked. You could climb over her head, but what if she tries to bite you or something? Her mouth is covered in blood, after all. This might all be about trying to bite someone. The only other way out is to go over the makeshift barricade. You’ll still have to climb over her lower half, though.

Taking a deep breath, you jump on top of the recliner. You stand there for a moment to assess the situation. Once you’re on the desk, you can lean over a bit and use the hammer to hurt her again. She’s still making a god awful groaning noise that you think you’ll hear in your nightmares for the rest of your life.

You move from the recliner to the desk and peer over the side. She’s on her stomach, trying to move her head a bit as she groans. The rest of her isn’t really moving. Her hands a little bit – but that’s it. The rest of her seems unable to move, at least not enough to stand up. You lean over a bit more and bring the hammer down onto the back of her head. You don’t do it as hard as you could, just in case this comes back to bite you in the ass in the form of a self-defense murder case.

Not much seems to happen. She’s still slightly moving, making noise and being creepy as fuck. You decide to hit her on the back, right on her spine – even if it doesn’t permanently damage her, it should keep her down. You know it’s unlikely she could get up on her own anyway, but just to be safe… you can’t take any chances. You know this woman might actually be able to kill you.

This time, you hit her on the back with the hammer as hard as you can. You hear a cracking noise that startles you. ‘Of course that happens,’ you think. ‘But fuck, that’s an awful sound.’

Your only way off the desk is to step over her legs, but it doesn’t seem like they’ll be giving you any trouble. She isn’t moving them at all. You make the small jump from the desk to her body on the ground. Standing on her legs isn’t very stable, so you hold onto the door frame for support. Underneath you, the woman is still moving only ever so slightly. The open space of the door isn’t very large, so you have to squeeze your way through. The doorknob digs into you and you think how much it hurts – but quickly realize you could have been in a lot more pain.

You squeeze your way completely through the opening and feel the cool outside air. For a moment it feels wonderful and calming, but that moment is fleeting. Panic hits you like a thousand bricks. Something really screwed up is happening in the city, and even though you don’t know what it is, you know it’s serious. You can’t just hide in a corner waiting for it to stop. You need to do something, but what the hell is there to do?

Your girlfriend may be in danger, and she’s the first thing on your mind. But then again, as busy as the cops might be, it’s usually best to reach them first. They’re the ones with weapons and badges, after all. Then again… you could just start running and figure things out along the way. It’s not the world’s best plan, but it might just be what saves you tonight. What are you going to do?

1) Run to find your girlfriend.

12) Run to the police station.

13) Just get the hell out of here, no plan in mind.

Sharing is surviving!

Please follow and like us:
error
 
Also check out:
Horror Movies and Stuff RisingDead The Zombie Hunters Post-Apocalyptic.com

Leave a Comment

Connect with:




A Choose Your Own Zombie Adventure
shares